Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ready, Set...

Alright, I'm almost finished packing. Except of course for all the things that have separated themselves from my possession in the last month. Including but not limited to my wallet (replaced), camera (upgraded), makeup (replaced-ish), toothbrush (replaced), laptop charger (replaced), bracelet (not really replaceable), watch (still hoping to find somewhere) and life in Cairo (might return to someday?). Now all I have to do is finish packing my carry-on, go to the doctor in the morning to make sure my toe isn't going to fall off, find stuff to do all day, and then get on a plane to Dallas at 5:50 and another to Santiago less than an hour after that lands. Not to tough, right? Except I can't picture myself moving to yet another country. I don't want to be on another plane tomorrow. it'll make planes number 9 and 10 of 2011. and it's only been a month and a half of the year. And 4 of those flights will have been 5+ hours long. To quote something I said earlier today that seemed to resonate well, "I just want to be in one place long enough to get my head screwed on straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment